Excessive Heat Warning in Effect: Dangerously hot conditions expected Sunday and Monday.
We will be posting information about cooling centers and other resources here for the duration of this extreme weather event as part of our work on the Lane Coalition of Organizations Active in Disaster Response.
- The Lane Events Center, Expo Hall 2 and Convention Center rooms 3 and 4. Will be open 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Saturday, June 26th and Sunday, June 27th.
- The Eugene Service Station will be open (8:30am-5pm 7 days/week) and First Place Family Center (8-5) will have water when visiting the folks in overnight and safe parking spots.
- All water fountains and splash pads in Eugene are turned on for summer. Splash pads are available at:
- Fairmount Park (E. 15th Ave. and Fairmount Blvd. )
- Oakmont Park (2295 Oakmont Way )
- Skinner Butte Park (248 Cheshire Ave. )
- Washington Park (2025 Washington St. )
- The Downtown Library is open 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Saturday, closed on Sunday. Regular services are available. People can cool off while browsing, and 1-hour time slots are available for people to use a computer or access wi-fi. The second floor of the Library will have 14 spaces marked out that are 6×6 feet and can accommodate four people per group (max of 56 people at a time).
- Black Thistle Street Aid will be at Washington Jefferson Park on Sunday at 1:00 p.m. distributing water and other supplies as long as they last.
- The Alluvium canceled Lost Caboose Talent Night for Sunday 4pm-8pm and are instead making it into a cooling center, 810 W 3rd Ave, Eugene
- Hilyard Community Center will open from 12pm tp 7pm on Sunday
- Water Misters beneath City Hall, 225 Fifth Street in Springfield. Available from 2 pm to 8 pm each day starting Saturday, June 26.
- Water bottle filling station beneath City Hall, 225 Fifth Street in Springfield. Available from 2 pm to 7 pm each day starting Saturday, June 26.
- Splash will be open:
- Saturday 11AM–3PM and 3:30–7:30PM
- Sunday 11AM–3PM and 3:30–7:30PM
For more Lane County resources, visit http://www.lanecounty.org/HHS
For other counties, visit https://www.klcc.org/post/cooling-centers-klcc-listening-area