Good Morning Homeowners of Oregon,
Are you willing to help fellow Oregonians who are victims of Oregon’s fires?
Here is how you can help:
If you are willing to homeshare with a person or persons displaced by the fires, and have not already done so, please visit https://info.silvernest.com/hso to set up your free homesharing profile and rental listing and start matching with compatible renters. Once you find your match, they move in, and you start collecting rent, insurance coverage will also kick in on the day of the first rent payment. Sign up at the link above to get your service for free.
Tips for helping your community:
In the “All About You” section of your profile, make sure to note that you’re interested in helping someone impacted by the fires. Consider saying something like, “I’m looking to help someone displaced by fire with a place to stay for X weeks/months.”
- Note: “All About You” is an optional question, so don’t skip it!
- We encourage you to allow your housemate to stay for at least 90 days. This will allow time for them to access fire insurance, benefits and support services and to find a suitable long-term place to live.
- Consider setting a rental rate as low as you can accommodate for this time. Consider the value of the utilities and supplies relative to your income when setting your rate.
- Your space doesn’t have to be perfect! List the space you have to offer and share pictures of the home so that people can decide if your place is a good fit for them.
- Please consider allowing children accompanied by a parent or guardian to stay in your home. A household environment is the best scenario for children, versus a shelter.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our community. We appreciate you!