Sunday, February, 18th, 2-5pm, at the Youth House – 3350 Willamette St
- What is most appealing about our neighborhood?
- What does “livability” mean to you?
- What do you hope for in the future of housing in your neighborhood?
- What do you fear for in the future of housing in our neighborhood?
- Eugene’s population is growing rapidly and that is exacerbating housing access andaffordability.
Do you agree with the idea that there is a need for more densification in South Eugene? Why or why not?
[Brief Slide Presentation from UO Architecture Grad Student, Clay Neal.
Clay will present a paired series of nine slides depicting a range of proposed options being considered for densification in South Eugene.]
- What are your reactions to the proposed ideas you’ve just seen? [Clay will explain the differences between the paired series of slides.]
- Where do you think new housing could be built in Southwest Eugene? Where not?
- What are you willing and unwilling to compromise on to accommodate more density?
- How would you want the City to seek your opinion about zoning changes to allow moredensity in our neighborhood?
Would you want your neighborhood association to represent you in this process? Would you participate in a neighborhood land-use sub-committee?
- What feedback can you offer about this forum process? Was it useful?What would make it more useful?